Friday, August 7, 2009

Bartering in the South.............for cheese

Of the many things that makes the South such a better place to live, bartering is one of them. I find that bartering takes place a lot more than in the North. I have a chance to get some homemade cheese this weekend from a fellow who sells it at the market during Saturdays at Saxapahaw. I'm trading some of my awesome BBQ for some awesome Brie and other cheeses. I find that cheese is really the other white meat. I'm very happy to use my skill in smoking meat to get free cheese. I know that it isn't free if I have to spend money and time making my product, but who cares. I'm getting free cheese. I'm already firing up the smoker to make a fatty for the fatty throw down contest. So free cheese for me.



2 comments:

  1. NORTH carolina is NOT the south. We won the war for a reason, we are better than you. SOUTH==FAIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care when handling your new cheese. When in public It’s important that you methodically cut the cheese in such a way as to not draw attention the act. After all, it would be embarrassing to cut the cheese and have an unsightly curd drop onto the floor in front of your party guests. For this reason I find that its best to go into another room, away from the guests, and cut one. You can then return to the party with your tray/food/drink and no one is the wiser. Be warned: The cut cheese might smell a bit rich so don’t be surprised if some of it follows you out into the room.

    Sometimes if I’m not entertaining or don’t want to be fancy, I buy string cheese. That way I can just tear it up anytime I want. I might have to strain a bit more than when I simply cut it, but its worth it. Besides, it’s cool to sit there and just let it rip while watching TV or surfing the net. But remember, if having someone over its just plain rude to rip one in front of them without first asking if they want some of it. If you feel guilty about them initially saying ‘no’, I find wafting it’s scent in the direction of their nose quite often changes their mind.

    Also, sometimes I fart.

    Stay classy King of Bother.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me