Thursday, August 6, 2009

ARMISTICE==Awesome!!!


Jen and I drove to Charlotte to preview the new MUTEMATH album Armistice. I admit that I was a bit nervous because of all the press and info on the internets regarding the delay in making the album, etc. People were saying how they had all these songs written and ready to record but then was told they sucked and then scrapped them. I must say that I am very happy with the new album. It is consistant with the quality and inovation of the self titled album. I noticed that the guitar work is a lot more in your face then the last album. Most songs are radio friendly but a few are too long for normal air play. I really enjoyed the songs and can't wait till the 18th when I get the digital download of the album.

I encourage everyone to take a listen when you can. Give it a few days of listening to really get into the music. If you can see them live at any time I strongly recommend it. They are such awesome musicians and thier shows are very dynamic. Jen and I will be spending a weekend in Nov attending shows in Atlanta, Charlotte, and Nashville. It will be nice to see them again and their new stage setup.

I heard from Levi (intern with teleprompt) that on Sept. 27 MM will be on Letterman again and they'll be playing a new song called Backfire in which they just made a video for. That song is awesome.

Check them out yo. You can check out a new song called "the nerve" by going to this page

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked our new album. You are right on when you said the new album has more guitar "in your face". In fact, we specifically worked to get at least 30% more in your face with the guitar on this album. Also, we even went 15% more in you ear hole with the drums, and 5% more in your tummy with the bass. Bet you probably didn't pick up on that drum part, did you?

    That's OK because like a good Scotch, sometimes you pick up on subtle nuances of our music the second time around.

    Here's a spoiler for you. It's top secret so keep it on the down-low. We are gonna drop a surprise album on you guys like wicked fast.

    Just in time for the holiday season! It's called "Amplify Literature", and it's a collection of some songs Darren was working on in collaboration with the Springfield Boys Choir.

    It's in the studio being mixed now. We are attempting to squeeze every ounce of rock out of it and 'turn it up a notch' by putting 50% more boys in your face.

    I can't wait for our Letterman gig. It will be so SWEET! I would offer to give you a shout out live on air, but that privilege has already been given to my main man 3-Sheets. He's awesome and from what he tells us, your biggest fan.

    MUTEMATH 4-evah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Thanks Mutemath! I cant wait for my shout out. Big ups to you for busting out that new album so fast after "Armistice".

    Sorry for taking the shout out from ya K.O.B.! Maybe one of the boys in the choir they are currently working with will give you a shout when they perform a song from "Amplify Literature" live!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me