Monday, July 6, 2009

Q-view of the weekends smoke.

Despite all the troubles with my remote thermometer everything came out awesome. I received many compliments on my BBQ. Here are the before and after shots of the chicken.

I put them in a brine for 6 hours and then rubbed them with my chicken rub. They went in the smoker for 3 hours.

This is what some of them look like after 3 hours. I did mop them to keep them moist.


Here is a shot of all the pork that I smoked. I forgot to take one of the finished product but you can see that in my previous posting.


Here is my latest mod for the smoker. I got these wheels from Harbor Freight. Now I can push this around the yard easily. Or down the street again if need be.

Next smoke will be on Friday. I'll probably smoke chicken wings for the poker game and then another Boston Butt for the birthday party I'm catering on Saturday night.

4 comments:

  1. you're lucky you had such a good helper this weekend. you are the bbq king, amongst many other things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great smoker mod. But next time use chrome rims with low profile tires for bling factor and to dazzle judges. Oh, and you can stick on flame decals for added awesomeness. However to get that "mad respect" all the top BBQ kids talk about these days, you will have straight up bolt on high quality 25 inch rims with spinners. I heard you like those a lot.

    Believe me if you enter competitions, the judges will blow BBQ from their noses when they see you haul that thing up, and bow before your mighty baster.

    Finally a public service announcement: I think that "Jennifer" person who just posted is biased or somehow in league with the "King of Bother". Just sayin... cause after all, everyone knows.. I am the king of the BBQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you 3-sheets? You can not claim to be the king of anything but king of stupid posts. I am the king of BBQ, I have taught Matt all he knows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Big Cheese, I would like to introduce you to my Uncle Cletus. His meatloaf and special sauce is much better than anything I could imagine you makin with one of these fancified toaster ovens. What do you need wheels for anywho? You don't need to be pushin your BBQ anywhere you need to eat it. You don't need special thermomometers either.
    If you want a good BBQ you just gotta take your pappys truck and put the meat under the hood while you drive to town and back. If your lucky you get some special seasoning from the road along the way but watch out for them cow patties if you know what I mean. heh heh.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me