Monday, July 20, 2009

No meat this weekend

After smoking meat on Fridays or Saturdays for almost a month, it was sort of strange not firing up my beloved smoker. On the other hand it was nice to get a full nights rest. This weekend was vary nice. Very relaxing. Jen and I made a fire on the back patio and spent some quality time together. I also played a lot of WOW. Fun times. Jen even made me a cake :) It was really good. She made orange jello filled white cake with a pudding like topping. My mom used to make me that cake when I was a kid. So cool and refreshing.



pork chop or NYS??

3 comments:

  1. Who are you and what have you done with the King of Bother?? A weekend without BBQ updates can only mean one thing... The KOB is dead… Most probably of a coronary. Your mutton chops are not fooling anyone, lamb chop!

    Naturally I will take it upon myself to scribe the eulogy…

    KOB was a good Griller, and a good man. He was. . . He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors, and grilling, and as a griller explored the butts of North Carolina from Mebane to Haw River. And he was an avid annoyer. And a good friend.

    He died--he died as so many of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom you took him, Lord. As you took so many bright flowering young men, at Khe San and Lan Doc and Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And KOB too. KOB who. . . who loved Grilling.

    And so, King of Bother, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your mortal remains to the bosom of Walmart, which you loved so well.

    Goodnight, sweet prince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I am seriously freaked! Melodramatic, much? And that's an understatement! I must just be an adult thing because I find the little stories distasteful and definitely not funny! Anyway, I'd say your side-burn looks like a freakin' pita chip. But then again I do see some NYS...but pork chop? who-da-what??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have my pork chops on my plate, thank you very much. Thumbs down on the pork chops!!!! By the way I had to sign up to be on here.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me