Monday, June 22, 2009

Tubing and Swimming

Had a great day on Saturday. It was "lake day" at Hyco Lake with Crosslink Community Church. We met at the late and a few of the congregation had their boats there giving rides on tubes. Generally I don't like to go to the beach because I'm fat. I don't like it for two main reasons.

1. I'm fat and have numerous rolls. If I take my shirt off then I'll be embarrassed that my rolls and blazing white skin will show. The embarrassment is rooted in the fact that I'd prefer to feed my face with unhealthy food than exercise. Or at least I have most of my life.

2. I may see some really fat people with their rolls exposed. I don't like vomiting and that can occur at the site of some of the people at the beach.

I did have a really good time. I eventually made it into the water at the end of the pier. The bathroom was just so far away. The water was very warm, like 75 degrees. It was refreshing nonetheless.

The kids and Jen went on the tubes and had a blast. When Collin finally fell off he panicked and yelled for his mommy. We could hear him from the shore. I knew that was going to happen. Jen subluxed her shoulder. She admits that she isn't 20 anymore.

The food was pretty good too. The church supplied the hotdogs and eveyone else brought sides. We all commented on how much we love Crosslink. We have made awesome friends and are really growing in our faith.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I definetely love your blog. I have it on my favorites bar and check it every couple days. Im glad to hear your enjoying your church. Ive been going to a church on base. Its not too bad, not really my kind of church but its only for another 6-7 weeks that I'm hear on Lackland Air Force Base. But the bad news is that I got stationed at a base two hours from here. Laughlin Air Force Base. So I guess I'm gonna have to get used to Texas for the next year or two atleast. Give me a call sometime or throw me a text message.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me