Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Different Van

Well, the awesome Dodge Grand Caravan that we bought from my uncle John is getting ready to retire. With 205,000 miles it is still kicking. We found another Caravan in Matthews, NC which suits our needs exactly. It even has a DVD player in it. That is Jen's favorite feature. Never mind the towing package or the new struts. The engine is very clean and well maintained too. She says it has power everything too. Ooo!! I liked the newish tires and the fact that there are new gaskets on the oil pan and transmission. It's weird the different advantages that men and women see in the same object. Either way we are both happy. The kids will like the DVD player the most.

5 comments:

  1. So is that a picture of the old one or new one? What's the mileage on the new one?

    I'm glad you posted, If I had to re-read that post on tubing and swimming again, I was going to bash my head into the monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update:
    This picture is of the new van. The old one is all rusted out pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! You neglected to mention mileage on the new van. Better then 205 I hope! Or not. Perhaps its a magical van with no wheels that runs on magic. I'm betting that's it.

    You don't update your blog much. I am eagerly awaiting more stories on meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. The milage is 150,000. It went to Calgary about five times. That's about 10,000 miles round trip. It seems high but the engine has been meticulously maintained. Besides I know this vehicle inside and out after having one for 5+ years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think it runs on magic.

    Why a van? Did you need a van to haul all your meat? You gonna customize it by adding a swing out smoker or grill? If you don't I will cry the tears of a thousand fish.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me