Monday, May 25, 2009

At work on the holiday

I volunteered to work all day on the holiday. I get a little overtime (4hrs) so I'm cool with that. I smoked 2 pork shoulders this weekend with some of my new mods on the smoker. I flipped smoker side char coal holder over to act as a tuner for the heat and smoke coming from the firebox. This really evened out the heat on both sides of the smoker. I did find that I could keep a more consistent temp but needed to open the vent more than I did in the past. The pork came out good. I can't wait until Friday when I can smoke some more shoulders. I'm going to give out samples on Saturday at the Screen on the Green event in our neighborhood. There is a common area where Centex is showing a bugs life outdoors. I figured this would be a good place to get feed back on my meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me